Kindly note that due to the changing weather and snow today , expect delays in the afternoon due to slower traffic. There have been changes and some parents are choosing to pick up their children today from school.
This might also affect the Seniors being picked up from community care this afternoon.
Please notify us of any changes as early as possible, so we can avoid any further delays. Please drive safe out there.
Yesterday we posted some really cool snack ideas you can make for yourself or for your children. Today are some cool crafts. Not all children like to dress up and go our for Halloween but it is always fun to make special crafts.
Kids on Wheels trust everyone had a happy and safe weekend. With the extremely heavy rain Saturday night we hope everyone was warm and safe. Well it is Halloween week. This weeks post will be mostly celebrating Halloween in a not so spooky way.
Post One. Special fun snacks you can make with your children. Have Fun!
Women in Ontario were given the right to vote in 1917. Women lets continue to cherish that right today and get out and vote. If you need a ride contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free ride to the polling station.
The weather is looking good for the weekend. Kids on Wheels encourages our family to enjoy the beauty of nature at this special time of year. Go for a nature walk, or a drive in the country. Stop at a local market and pick fresh apples and grab a pumpkin. Try making some delicious pumpkin muffins.
Steps to Make a Cupcake Liner Flower Handmade Mothers Day Card
1. First print off your coffee cup template (you can get the details to download at the bottom of this post).
2. You’ll need to have 2 coffee cups cut out. Save time tracing by printing on pink cardstock to start. Then all you need to do is print off the template and cut the cups out.
Glue one of your paper coffee cups to your white cardstock. Add some glue around the handle and then glue the other one on top.
3. Paint 3 popsicle sticks green to make the stems for the flowers and glue to your white cardstock. Have them come into your coffee cup a little bit so that they look like they are coming out of the cup.
4. Now make your cupcake liner flowers. We used two different colours and alternated them on the card. You can even use patterned cupcake liners with flowers or other designs and those would look great too! Once you’ve glued down your cupcake liners, glue a button in the centre.
5. Now write your Mother’s Day message inside the card. Now you’re done!
Want to see more crafts? Go visit the blog link below for cute and fun Mothers day crafts you can do for your loved one for Mothers day!
Kids on Wheels is looking for kind, and drivers to help out with transportation in the Durham Area. If you are someone looking for something to do for a few hours a day, like to be around Children and Seniors, and enjoy helping the community this job might be for you.
Kids on Wheels provides its’ clientele, with a safe and reliable transportation option, with the use of personal vehicles and School Buses. Please see job details below for more information.
Be punctual and reliable in picking up and dropping off children and occasionally seniors at scheduled time.
Valid driver’s license
Own Vehicle and minimum of 3 years’ insurance
Clean driving record.
CPR & First Aid an Asset but not Mandatory.
Police reference check and drivers abstract needed
Few hours (2-4) a day with flexible schedule
Hourly wage plus mileage.
To apply to this position please contact Angie Papas by: